Target’s biannual car seat trade-in event just kicked off, and it’s a great opportunity to save big on a new car seat, stroller, travel system and other select baby products.
From April 18-30, you can pop into your local Target store and leave with a 20 percent off coupon. Below, you’ll find everything you need to know about the annual event, plus deals we’re shopping right now. Keep in mind that you need to be enrolled in Target Circle (which you can join for free) to participate and receive your coupon.
Just so you know, What to Expect may earn commissions from the shopping links included on this page. All sales and prices are accurate at the time of publishing. Why trust our product recommendations?
How to take part in Target’s car seat trade-in event
It’s incredibly easy: All you need to do in order to get your coupon is bring an old car seat to the designated box near Guest Services at your local Target store before April 30, 2022. You’ll then be given a 20 percent off coupon that can be redeemed toward a new car seat, booster seat, stroller, high chair, bouncer and more baby gear for a limited time. The coupon is valid until May 14, 2022, and you can use it in store or online. You can also redeem this offer twice, so bring up to two old car seats when you head over to the store.
According to Target’s website, you can trade in any type of car seat during the event, including models that are expired or have been damaged. Material from your old car seat will be recycled to make new metal and plastic products, making this an eco-friendly way to get rid of seats that are no longer safe to use. The program, which launched back in 2016, has helped recycle more than 1.7 million car seats to date.
What’s on sale during Target’s car seat trade-in event
Target has a wide range of products available for purchase with the 20 percent off coupon, including infant car seats, convertible car seats, jogging strollers, lightweight strollers, full-size strollers, playards, high chairs, bouncers and swings.
Below, a few of our favorite products that were available for purchase with the discount during the last trade-in event. The best part? Many items on the list were on sale, too! You’ll also recognize some as What to Expect Awards winners, which means they’ve been vetted by our community as being durable and high quality.
Target car seat deals
Infant car seats
- Save 20% on the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 DLX Infant Car Seat
- Save 10% on the Graco SnugRide 35 Lite LX Infant Car Seat
- Save 10% on the Chicco KeyFit Infant Car Seat
- Save 10% on the Chicco Key Fit 30 Zip Air Infant Q Collection Car Seat
Convertible car seats
- Save 20% on the Graco 4Ever DLX 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- Save 20% on the Graco Extend2Fit 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- Save 20% on the Graco TriRide 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- Save 11% on the Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat
- Save 25% on the Safety 1st Easy Grow Convertible Car Seat
- Save 10% on the Britax One4Life ClickTight All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
- Save 20% on the Graco Nautilus 65 3-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat
- Save 12% on the Graco Affix Highback Booster Car Seat
- Save 10% on the Chicco GoFit Backless Booster Car Seat in Hibiscus
Target stroller and travel system deals
Lightweight and compact strollers
- Save 10% on the Chicco Mini Bravo Plus Stroller
- Save 15% on the Britax B-Lively Stroller
- Save 21% on the Baby Trend Sit N’ Stand Compact Tandem Stroller
- Save 10% on the Chicco Active Jogging Travel System
- Save 24% on the Chicco Bravo 3-in-1 Quick Fold Travel System
- Save 10% on the Chicco Bravo LE Travel System 2.0 in Driftwood
- Save 10% on the Chicco Mini Bravo Sport Travel System
- Save 15% on the Britax B-Lively & B-Safe Gen2 Travel System
The car seat trade-in event is happening nationwide at all of Target’s stores, excluding the small format locations. That being said, you should double-check that your local store is participating on Target’s website before you head over.